RECOGNIZE THE NEED FOR “FREE” – USE FREE INSPECTIONS TO LAND MORE BUSINESS
A Guest Blog Post by FCS Roofing Software
During the years, many roofing contractors have had continuous growth as a direct result of increasing their business while also providing exceptional customer service offerings.
These successful roofing contractors all understand one thing – to have a steady pipeline full of prospects for their sales team and to increase their service work, they needed to offer free, no-obligation roof system inspections to get potential customers in the door.
Roofing contractors offering free inspections end up getting closer to potential customers faster. They start off the relationship by positioning themselves as advisers, identifying current and future problem areas on roof systems from the start.
Provide Detailed Inspection Reports
Providing a detailed roof system analysis upon completion of a roof system inspection is an effective way to stand out from the competition. An inspection report instantly gives more credibility and also will allow a prospective customer to make informed decisions about roofing work. These reports will provide the condition of the roof system’s membrane, flashings, perimeter edge and fascia, expansion joint covers, pitch pockets and penetrations.
Inspection reports also should indicate the exact locations of recommended repairs in addition to describing and prioritizing the roofing work needed (emergency vs. remedial) with any related costs and photos. These reports also can be used when preparing and submitting requests for warranty repairs.
Offer Ongoing Service Agreements
Inspection reports also should be accompanied with an ongoing roof system maintenance plan recommendation or service agreement that will maximize the capacity and longevity of roof systems.
Consider offering a dedicated service agreement that includes a two-hour emergency arrival time and locked-in rates customers can incorporate into their roof system maintenance budgets.
Get Ready for More Inspections
As the demand for roof system inspections grow, it is important to manage them efficiently and offer an experience that keeps customers happy. Below are some suggestions for becoming more efficient and profitable:
- Follow up with inspection inquiries as soon as possible. The customer may be requesting a free inspection from multiple roofing companies in the same day.
- Track free inspection results and how many new customers are produced.
- Create a template of inspection results that include photos, date stamps and recommendations for each deficiency.
- Create a service agreement template that outlines the various roof system maintenance options offered.
- Store and track warranty information.
- Go paperless by granting customers online access to project management tools that help track job progress, expenses, costs and historical information for budgeting and future reference.
- Provide automated inspection and service/repair status updates via text or email.